We invite you to our spacious and sunny 3 bedroom guest house in the historic village of Kakahi, 17k south of Taumarunui, in the heart of the Ruapehu district. This fully functioning house sleeps 7 comfortably – this house is extremely good value.
All the attractions of this magical area are at your fingertips, as well as world class fly fishing 2k from your door. Many drive too fishing spots within a short radius, and never an unhappy fisherman! Fabulous spot for trainspotters too.
Types of rooms include:
- Queen + 1 Bedroom
Queen bed plus single bed
- Queen Bedroom
- Twin Room
2 single beds
Facilities & Features
- Family sized lounge with fireplace
- Dining and large living areas
- Full kitchen for self-catering
- Catering available (by special arrangement)
- All linen supplied, cleaning products,
- Heatpump, Electric blankets
- Lovely old school big bath
- Library with local history section
- Board games
- Free off-road parking
- Laundry facilities with iron and board
- BBQ and outdoor settings
- Mancave with LP collection
- Motorcycle friendly
- Pets welcome by arrangement only
- Handy to everything the central North Island has to offer.
- Authentic 1970’s decor with lots of space
- World class fly fishing 2k from the door
- Access to Whakapapa and Whanganui trout fishing rivers
- Vast local knowledge from 4th generation resident
- Historic village with unique general store
- Great for trainspotters!
- A 40 minute picturesque drive to the Tongariro River
- Tranquil and private house with all day sun!